Requirements for Applicants
- Must be at least 21 years of age on the date of the physical fitness examination.
- Must have completed 15 college semester hours from an accredited college with a "C" average or better at the time of hire.
- Must have at least one of the following:
Texas State Certified Firefighter/TDH-EMT
Texas State Certified Firefighter/TDH-EMT/P
Currently attending a TCFP certified recruit academy
- Must not be addicted to or use narcotics or habit-forming drugs.
- Must successfully complete all phases of the employment process as scheduled, including a physical agility test, polygraph examination, oral interview, stress test, and drug screen.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Texas driver's license, with a driving record meeting the driving standards established by the City of Rowlett.
- Verification of attachment of required certification and official college transcript or proof of enrollment.
For test dates, contact the Human Resources Department at 972-412-6136.