Located in the City Manager's Office
4000 Main Street
214-784-8404 voice or text
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Citizen City Academy is an 12 week course offered twice each year. Up to 25 Rowlett residents learn how their Elected Officials interact with City staff and how the nine major departments work together to deliver City services on time, on budget, and with an eye to the future. Participants gain a deeper understanding of how local government works from the people who directly serve the citizens of Rowlett. Apply here.
Benefits of Attending
- Opportunity to offer input about City services
- Participate in discussions with City staff about successes and challenges
- Gain the knowledge needed to become a member of a City advisory board or commission
- Build friendships across a diverse group of participants
- Serve as a role model for other community members
Applications for this no cost, inside look are due on August 31, 2017 and seminars will begin on September 13, 2017. Most seminars will be held on Wednesdays in the late morning from 10:30am - 1:00pm. A light luncheon is included. There will be one Saturday morning session tentatively scheduled for November 4, 2017. The locations of the seminars will vary, depending on the topic for the session. Class size will be limited to 25 participants. If there are more than 25 applications, participants will be selected by a random drawing and notified by email on August 31, 2017.
Know where to go, who to call and what is going on in the City of Rowlett!