Click to Home

Go To Search
Development Services Engineering
Division Functions
Martin Donk
Graduate Engineer

Ryan Corbello
Engineering Assistant

Dan Abell
Engineering Assistant

3901 Main St.
Rowlett, TX  75088

972-412-6228 Fax

Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm


  • Review and Regulation of all private development (development paid for by private entities) including residential subdivisions, commercial, and industrial projects.
  • Flood Plain Management - To ensure development in the flood hazard areas are in accordance with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and City Ordinances.
  • Administration of the Storm Water Management Program, Rights-of-Way and Easements within the City.
  • Management and Issuance of all Right-of-Way and Grading Permits

Permit Applications, Forms, & Checklist

Right-of-Way Permit - A permit is required if you need to work in the City's Right-of-Way (a strip of land that is granted, through an easement or dedication, for transportation purposes). An easement is a non-possessory interest to use real property in possession of another person for a stated purpose.

Contractor Registration - All Utility Contractors who do work in the City of Rowlett must be registered.  We will not issue Right-of-Way Permits unless the Utility Contractor is registered.   

Grading Permit - A permit is required if you are adding, removing, or moving dirt on your land/lot or subdivision. 

Civil Engineering Plans Checklist

Standard Details

Equivalent Residential Unit (ERU) Information:  ERU

Please email all permit applications to:

Please email all as-built requests to:

After Hours Inspection Requests

Please email all after hours inspection requests to:














4000 Main Street Rowlett, TX 75088