Friends of the Library
The purpose of this organization is to serve as a support group of volunteers for publicly funded Rowlett libraries, to raise funds for special library needs, to support cultural and literary enrichment activities for the community, to promote literacy and to award scholarships to persons who reside or work in Rowlett to further their education.
The Friends of the Rowlett Library work to give the citizens of Rowlett a state-of-the-art library where they can satisfy their literary needs, whether it be school research or a place to sit with a good book on a rainy day.
Who are the "Friends"?
“Friends” are people who feel that books, reading, learning and libraries are essential elements of a growing, educated, and forward-reaching community. We are library advocates who, together, make a difference!
Besides cash donations to all the public school libraries located in Rowlett, the Friends were instrumental in the planning and development of the current library building.
Past donations from the Friends include:
- Audio / visual equipment in Community Room
- Audio language tapes
- “Bookworm” sculptures at the Library entrance
- College scholarships
- Computer Equipment
- Flower garden
- Funds for the Summer Reading Program
- Lectern with public address system
- Mark Twain sculpture
- Outdoor Program Sign
- Security System
- Underground wiring system for computers
As a “Friend” you will be able to:
- Promote the improvements of the facilities and services of the Library
- Support present and future activities related to the Library
- Help focus public attention on the services, resources and needs of the Rowlett Public Library
- Enjoy the association with others who share your love for and interest in books, libraries and people
- Invest something in Rowlett and its future
- Enjoy a tax-deductible donation. The Friends are a 501c3 organization.
Annual Dues: Individual - $25; Club or Association - $100; Business - $150;
Corporate Sponsorship - minimum $250.
Membership dues can be sent to:
Friends of the Rowlett Public Library, Inc.
P.O. Box 914
Rowlett, TX 75030-0914
Or, you may pay your membership dues online via PayPal. Simply click on "Donate" and enter the correct amount.
Important: You must still either mail in your membership application or apply for membership online.
Meeting Dates and Times
Meetings are held the fourth Tuesday of each month at 7:00 pm at the Library.
Please call 972-412-6161 for more information.
"Friends" Board Members:
- President - Stanley Pollard
- Vice President - Jerry Hickman
- Secretary - Virginia Pollard
- Treasurer - Nancy Lancaster