Click to Home

Go To Search


Posted on: July 26, 2017

Now Accepting Applications for Boards and Commissions

The City of Rowlett is encouraging citizens to share their expertise and insight as members of a City Board or Commission.  While the time commitment is minimal, the opportunity to make a difference in the community is significant.

Although the City of Rowlett accepts applications to serve on a Board or Commission year-round, the City Council will be appointing citizens to fill term vacancies during the September 19th City Council meeting.

The City’s boards and commissions include:  Animal Shelter Advisory Board; Arts and Humanities Commission; Board of Adjustment; Community Investment Advisory Board; Economic Development Advisory Board; Golf Advisory Board; Library Advisory Board; Parks and Recreation Advisory Board; Planning and Zoning Commission; and Senior Advisory Board.

Detailed descriptions of each board or commission and an application to serve are available by clicking on the link below.  Applications are also available in the City Secretary’s Office at City Hall, 4000 Main Street and will be accepted through August 31.

Eligibility requirements to serve on a Rowlett board or commission are the same for the City Council.  Applicants must be 18 years of age, with the exception of youth applying as Junior Alternate members.  Applicants must be registered to vote in the City of Rowlett.  For more information, please contact the City Secretary’s Office at 972-412-6115 or

Board and Commission Handbook and Application
Facebook Twitter Google Plus Email

4000 Main Street Rowlett, TX 75088